Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Apple Hand Pies From Scratch

Hi! Last weekend I tried a recipe that I saw on Pinterest. I decided to give it a try and I have to say that it turned out really good! I made the dough from scratch but you can also buy a prepared pie dough. Let me know if you try this, believe me it's delicious!

Ingredients

For the dough:
250 gr flour
125 gr butter
a pinch of salt
zest of half a lemon
100 gr white sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk

For the filling:
2 apples (I used Granny Smith)
10 gr butter
1 tbs white sugar
1 tbs brown sugar
pinch of salt
cinnamon to taste
1 tbs water

Pre-heat oven to 200°C

Instructions:

Mix all the ingredients for the dough together and when a solid ball is formed put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.


Peel and cut the apple in small pieces and cook them with the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon until they become very soft. Let them rest until cold.


Form a dough piece into a ball, place on a floured work surface, and roll into a circle. Spoon the apple filling in the center. Fold dough over filling, and gently press dough closed around the filling, using your fingertips and then pich with a fork. 


Transfer pies onto a prepared baking sheet. Whisk an egg in a small bowl and brush the top of each hand pie with it, then sprinkle with brown sugar. Cut 3 small vent holes in the top of each pie. 


Bake in the preheated oven (200°C) until pies are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.


Et voilĂ ! Delicious apple hand pies!
Love, Fede

Follow me on Bloglovin'

19 comments:

  1. Yummy!

    Check out my new post on my blog about my fav valentines gift
    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
    Posts online about Cornwall, Egypt, Beijing, Hollywood, South Africa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy, these look very good and also they sound like they taste delicious.

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy yummy :)

    Bisous bisous from France
    Sandy
    French Fashion Blogger

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! Looks SO good!
    x
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love apple pies, these look delicious! :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy!

    xx Z&G

    www.temple-of-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this sounds and looks so amazing! You are so talented!! Thanks for sharing:)

    xo
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute! Something I will definitely need to try. And even though I'm not the best cook or baker, I actually think I will be able to achieve this one. haha. Thanks for sharing! :)

    StyledByBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious!
    xx
    Coco

    Blog :
    http://mllecoconath.com

    Latest Post :
    http://www.mllecoconath.com/blog/2015/4/11/whispers-under-the-moonlight-bali

    ReplyDelete