Monday, May 25, 2015

Healthy Carrot And Almond Cake

Ciao! How was your weekend? Mine was good, I kept thinking about how I could bake a cake that was both delicious and healthy. Whole wheat flour is the answer! I had never used it before and I had no idea how a whole wheat cake would turn out. But I had no reason to be worried, it turned out yummy and it's also very healthy since there are also carrots and almonds, and no butter, I used oil instead. This way you won't feel guilty every time you eat a piece. It's so easy to make, just put all the ingredients in the mixer and it's done.

Ingredients:
240 gr freshly grated carrots
100 gr peeled almonds, finely chopped
105 gr flour
105 gr whole wheat flour
100 gr white sugar
100 gr brown sugar
3 eggs
160 ml olive oil
A pinch of salt
1 tbs baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Pre-heat oven at 180C. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Pour in a baking pan lined with parchment paper and put in the oven for 23/30 minutes. Let it cool completely before serving.







Let me know if you try this healthy recipe. You can make a frosting to put on the cake or you can put confectioners sugar as a decoration. Enjoy it!
Love, Fede

Follow me on Bloglovin'

20 comments:

  1. I love carrot cake.I will definitely try this healthy version.
    http://ladiesandcroissants.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! let me know if you like it!

      Delete
  2. I love how the cake looks, it must be as delicious as it tastes, I bookmarked this recipe, I will definitely give this a try soon! Plus the tip about the sugar on top, would be amazing, a nice light dusting of powder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your comment, let me know!

      Delete
  3. It looks DELICIOUS, will try to make a carrot and almond cake too ;)

    Bisous from France,
    Sand.

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, this looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Living Paris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Delish!
    xo, j
    www.BornFancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy!


    xo Ally,

    www.gumbootglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum!! i will make it for the breakfast, thank you for the advice :))

    http://nothingtodeclare1.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks very good! I want to try that recipe


    Agnes x

    http://Blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete